When it’s time for your anniversary, you will want to make sure you write something special in your anniversary card. It’s not o.k. to just sign your name after the message that comes with the card. Your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, or husband will be expecting an anniversary message that means something.
Use the following anniversary messages to help inspire you to come up with your own words, or use then as they are for your card. Think about the nice things about your loved one and include some of those things to make your anniversary card message personalized.
Anniversary Card Messages
- I hope that a relationship that started with cookies, a fishing trip, and a turtle can always stay pure and simple. It’s still fun to flirt with you. I can always depend on you to laugh just when I give up trying to make you. I love you.
- Happy Anniversary to the person who makes it happy.
- It has been another year. Time flies when you’re having fun. Happy Anniversary!
- Once a year seems too rare to tell you how much you mean to me. You mean a lot!
- I appreciate your love, understanding, listening, humor, flexibility and energy. I know loving me is hard work. Happy anniversary!
- Today is an awesome day to acknowledge how awesome it is to have you as my (wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend).
- I love having you as my (wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend). You are a blessing from God. Happy Anniversary!
- When I’m around you, I know that I can totally be myself. You are the only person I can say that about. Thank you for accepting me.
- I know neither of us are perfect. We will always have that in common. Thanks for being o.k. with that.
- The years get faster and faster. Maybe that is because I’m having more and more fun with you. Happy Anniversary!
- I am glad that I am able to share my life with you. This anniversary marks another year of our lives that we have been blessed with. Happy anniversary!
- I am glad that you let me be myself. I don’t know that I could do that with anyone else without them thinking I am crazy. Maybe I am a little crazy.
- Happy Anniversary to someone I can talk to, laugh with, cry with, and cause some trouble with.
- Another year down, many more to go! Happy Anniversary.
Funny Anniversary Messages
- A paper cut and lemon juice, pizza and heartburn, you and me, are just a few things that aren’t supposed to go together but usually end up that way. Happy Anniversary!
- Each year that goes by reminds me of how far we’ve come and how much shorter the time is for us to go. I like to think the glass is half empty.
- Hey, I didn’t forget our anniversary, I’m just early for next year’s anniversary. (belated anniversary message)
- It’s a good thing that you are better at forgiving me than I am at messing up. Happy Anniversary!
- Sometimes I try to think about what life would be like without living with you. All I can come up with is a boring, peaceful life. Happy Anniversary! Here’s to a little conflict.
First Anniversary Messages
- One year down, many more to go! Happy first anniversary!
- 365 days is just the beginning of many more awesome days with you.
- This last year is really just the first year.
- I can’t say anything more about this first year with you than, it was awesome.
How to Write an Anniversary Message
If you don’t feel comfortable using one of the anniversary messages included here, you can write your own. Here is a simple formula to write a great anniversary message:
- One thought/feeling about being together
- One feeling about the other person
- One compliment about the other person
- One statement of gratitude
So when you write your anniversary message, you can follow this format to get something like:
- “1. It’s a blast being with you. 2. I love you more than I tell you. 3. You are able to keep me in line, amuse me, and love me all at the same time. 4. Thanks for working hard in our relationship. Happy Anniversary”
It doesn’t have to be rocket science to write a nice anniversary message for your wife, husband, boyfriend, or girlfriend. Keep it simple if you don’t know what to write. If you are creative, then chances are you will be allowed a little creativity from your loved one.